Moltek Ltd. is a subsidiary of CS Group SA (SX:FPEN Paris.) and provides expert manpower to various directorates of the ESA.
€- Industry leading base salary, full healthcare, 3% pension contribution, 30 days’ vacation, annual training budget, ESTEC social club membership, relocation and bonus.
Permanent Dutch contract
You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Assessment of the delivered scientific processing algorithm in Python.
- Assessment of the delivered Instrument Quality Tool IQT v2-alpha and its ability to process real instrument data (PFM Focal Plane SubSystem data , S4 enhanced EM data, …).
- Assessment of the delivered Level-1 Reference Processor and perform a comparison of the results with the IQT.
- Development, implementation and validation of (complex) key data generation tools for the instrument calibration and performance verification tasks, as defined in the S4 on-ground calibration plan and in the L1b processing specification;
- Support to the closed-loop testing between the S4/UVN measurement data, the IQT v2 and the calibration keydata to demonstrate adequacy, completeness and accuracy of the level-0 to level-1b data processing algorithms and the calibration keydata.
- Contribute to meetings within ESA, industry and EUMETSAT.
Education & Experience
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Physics or Engineering with demonstrated background and experience in data processing.
- Good familiarity with computer programs/languages such as C/C++, Python and MATLAB and with Unix operating system.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiarity with L0 to L1b data processing of optical instrument using CCD technology.
The recruitment process will consist of an initial telephone discussion and/or a video call followed by presentation of your candidature to ESA. If selected for interview, a face to face on-site technical assessment will be conducted by ESA with the result being either a go or no go. If successful the starting date should be within 2 months off acceptance.
Deadline for applications – 3rd June 2020
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: http://www.moltek.com or www.c-s.fr