We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a V&V System Engineer
You will be based at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany where you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience in the field of Systems Engineering and architectural design for data processing systems, MMEs and ground segment systems;
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems.
- Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards).
- Experience of interface management and definition.
- Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition.
- Capability to prepare and manage ICD.
- Use of modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards.
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Full development cycle of large systems, from the definition of requirements to system design and testing;
- Configuration Control processes and tools;
- Familiarity with the ECSS standards.
Maintenance and evolution activities of the operational program, the tasks are (not exhaustive):
- Contribute to the System Requirements Definition process and/or maintaining existing requirements baselines;
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation and the baseline;
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Systems using an MBSE approach (e.g. Enterprise Architect) and/or maintaining existing model baselines;
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments;
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the operational infrastructure;
- Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering contributions during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities;
- Contribute to the assessment of Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s;
- Contribute to the impact analysis of ICT evolutions in operational systems.
- Contribute to the analysis, investigations and resolution of system and ground segment level anomalies;
- Provide expert inputs to EUMETSAT engineers on all related activities as requested;
- Contribution to the OPS regular coordination processes as requested.
For the development of new program, the tasks are:
- Participate to the description of the system architecture and interfaces between external systems and the mission specific elements of the ground system (including data processing systems and MMEs);
- In coordination with the system and interface engineers of the future ground segment, ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces are compatible with the methodology used in Operations; this includes the use of common templates for Interface Control Document and the use of the same tool for maintaining the interfaces data dictionary;
- Provide support to the definition of the IV&V approach for the future ground systems.
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: As soon as possible
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.