We are looking to further enhance our team by adding an
Optical Performance Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The successful candidate will report to the Instrument Manager. He/she will liaise with various members of the project team, being responsible for the various instrument subsystems and disciplines, e.g. optics, focal plane assembly, calibration. Regarding the mission performance assessment, it is expected that the incumbent also liaises with the science support team, where adequate, to support both the mission related scientific studies and the instrument design evolution.
The responsibilities of the engineer will be as follows:
- The development, implementation and validation of (complex) performance models of optical space-borne instruments, in particular passive (spectrometers) instruments, dedicated to atmospheric missions;
- The assessment of the instruments system performance as well as sub-systems contributing to the instruments performances;
- The contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and potentially with users.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Physics or Engineering with background in Optical Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs such as Excel, MathCAD and MATLAB and/or Python;
- Good communication skills;
- Good familiarity with optical design and performance assessment software like Zemax, ASAP, FRED, with specific emphasis on straylight simulation aspects;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 28th November 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.