We are looking to further enhance our team by adding an
End to End Simulations Support Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
- Support the definition and development of the End-to-End (E2E) Mission Performance Simulators for future EO missions
- Contributing to ensure the technical coherency and completeness of the simulation of the observation system, including, as needed, functional analysis, system level budgeting, system performance analyses, modelling of spacecraft and/or payload subsystems and related data processing to meet system and mission requirements.
- Install and use those E2E simulators on the EOP-SF IT infrastructure for mission performance evaluation and system trade-offs for future EO missions,
- Ensure a consistent evolution and maintenance of the E2E simulators and a proper configuration and storage of the relevant input/output data sets.
- Initiate and support work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects (spacecraft, payload, ground processing) for E2E simulators and System Engineering Tools
- Support the development of generic building blocks and modules, and aim at maximum synergy and reuse of those building blocks and modules from one E2E simulator to the next making use of ESA OpenSF infrastructure
- Participate to the development of System Engineering Tools for preliminary analysis and sizing of future EO missions
- Use the above System Engineering Tools for system trade-offs, preliminary sizing and performance evaluation of future EO missions
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
A university masters’ degree or equivalent
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in Space systems engineering
- Experience with mission analysis
- Good communication and technical writing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Capability to coordinate a large amount of inputs, synthesize, summarize and make conclusions
- A proactive approach, with initiative and capability to work independently
- Problem-solving oriented attitude
- Solid background on IT and computer programming
- MATLAB, Python, STK, MS Excel and CAD software knowledge is an asset
- Experience on modelling and simulation of observing system characteristics (spacecraft, payload, ground processing, orbit…) and how they impact mission data quality and relate to system requirements and scientific goals is desirable
- Versatility to adapt to the specificities of each mission considering the wide range of possible EO observation techniques (e.g. optical/microwave, passive/active, imager/sounder, nadir/limb observation…) and platforms (e.g. mini/micro/nanosatellite), orbits (Sun-Synchronous or drifting, LEO/MEO/GEO/HEO).
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 24th May 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.