We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
System Engineer for Copernicus Data Services
You will be based initially for 2 years at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Extension of a further 2 years may be possible. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
The engineer shall perform system engineering tasks in support to the Copernicus Programme and in particular to DIAS (Data and Information Access Services) activities within the Data Services Competence area in relation to already existing frame contracts with industry for its implementation.
The following main tasks shall be performed:
- Contributing to the analysis, generation and management of requirements and related Agile methods applied for work execution with industry;
- Contributing to the architecture and design of Copernicus related components;
- Contributing with the review of industry implementations and perform testing/ prototyping;
- Contributing to the definition of technical interfaces with the external partners and service providers;
- Preparation of relevant documentation;
- Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary.
The key person(s) shall have a minimum of five years of experience in the specific field of system engineering, such as user requirements assessment, system architecture definition, development activities and experience of being directly involved in the evolution of systems or services in a highly available (24/7) environment.
The following skills and experiences are mandatory:
- Systems architecture covering areas such as virtualization, cloud computing, orchestration, hosted processing, EO data access/ formats and security;
- Working experience with industry standards for interoperability (OGC, Inspire);
- Solid Background in software engineering, development;
- In depth knowledge of scripting languages Python;
- Demonstrated experience in writing of formal technical documentation;
- Have demonstrated excellent communication and team working skills;
- Have the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and obtain a system overview.
Working knowledge and experience in the following areas would be considered as assets:
- Jupyter Notebook;
- R language;
- Knowledge of system validation and verification;
- Experience in a user/customer facing environment.
The official languages are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the key person must be able to work effectively in this language.
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 16th February 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.